What is OneHome WiFi?
Say goodbye to spotty WiFi coverage and dead zones! OneHome WiFi is a WiFi solution that creates seamless WiFi coverage in and around your home. This product is not the same as an extender which creates a separate WiFi network in your home that only extends on a set path as opposed to seamless coverage. Typically, extenders don't deliver optimum WiFi speed or coverage. One's eero devices are constantly communicating with each other to monitor WiFi performance and to deliver signal and speed to areas where users are located.
Will my modem work with OneHome WiFi?
As long as you have a Hitron wireless modem and subscribe to a Fibrewire Internet plan, you are good to go!
How do I sign up for OneHome WiFi?
Visit any One retail location to add OneHome WiFi to your account and take home your eero units that day. You'll enjoy your first month free plus a speed boost you can enjoy as long as you subscribe to the eero devices. After you connect the devices at home, call 700-7000 so a friendly One representative can complete the set up process.
How much is OneHome WiFi?
We offer the eero devices as a monthly rental. Most customers use the 3 pack (1 main unit and 2 beacons) for a $20/mo. rental fee. If you have a small space then you may only need the 2 pack (1 main unit and 1 beacon) for $14/mo. If you find you need more coverage, you can rent additional beacons for $6/mo. per beacon.
What features come with OneHome WiFi?
The eero app provides the following features:
- Download and upload speeds
- Which devices are connected to your WiFi network and which are idle vs. in use
- Status of the main unit and beacons (online or offline)
- Your WiFi network name and password-so handy!
- Parental controls-a parent's best friend! Create profiles for each device and set times to suspend access to your WiFi network.
- Create guest network. This gives them access to the internet but blocks users from accessing network files, streaming audio and controlling your smart devices.
How do I set up the eero devices?
The devices are easy to set up using the eero mobile app. The app walks you through each step and assists you with placing the units in the best locations in your home to maximize performance.
Please note-You must have Bluetooth turned ON on your mobile device.
After you have completed setting up your eero devices, call 700-7000 to speak with a friendly One representative to have the OneHome WiFi plan added to your account.
Once the plan is added, the wireless setting in your modem will automatically turn OFF so wireless can flow from the eero devices.
1. Download the eero app on your smartphone.
2. The app will walk you through connecting the main unit and placing the beacons in optimal locations.
It's best to set up all the units while close to the modem so the system can easily detect them.
After all units have been detected, place them in the desired locations.
Units should be between the modem and the areas with poor or no signal.
View download and upload speeds, the status of your eero devices and devices are connected to your WiFi network.
Main unit and beacons' status->Green= Healthy, Red=Connectivity issue
View your WiFi network name and password
Menu->Family Profiles->Tap +->Add name->Select the user's device
If you want to set up a time that the user's access will be suspended, tap the profile and Set a scheduled pause
Create Guest Network
Menu->Tap Guest Access->Enable. You can send an invitation to the user if you like.
ow do I add eero units after my initial set up?
Troubleshooting your eero devices
Frankly, you may never need to use these steps but just in case:
WiFi coverage area decreases or signal is spotty.
1. Check the app for the statuses of your main unit and beacons.
App home screen->If you see either the main or beacon outlined in red, you have a connectivity issue.
Unplug the unit in red and plug it back in.
2. Verify which eero unit your device is connected to. Your device might be connected to a beacon that isn't placed in the
best location for optimal signal. Rebooting your OneHome WiFi system can correct this.
Menu->Network Settings->Scroll down and tap Advanced Settings->Restart Network
3. On the app, if a beacon still appears in red, try plugging that beacon in to another outlet to see if the signal improves.
4. If you're still experiencing issues, call 700-7000 to speak with a friendly One representative.