Connecting via Ethernet
If your OneBox is close to your modem, we recommend connecting the two devices via an ethernet cord for a more reliable connection. If you don't have an ethernet cord, please visit our Church St. location and we'll provide you with one.
1. Plug the ethernet cord into the back of the OneBox and the other end into the back of the modem.
2. Next, press the Home menu button on the remote and choose Settings, then Network
3. Select Ethernet from the Choose your Network page
Connecting via WiFi
If you are connecting your OneBox Media player to the Internet via your home WiFi Network
1. Press the Home menu button on the
remote and choose Settings, then Network
3. If you do not know your WiFi password, you can connect via WPS (see below) or click here to recover your WiFi password (link to - https://support.onecomm.bm/portal/en/kb/articles/troubleshooting-set#Im_connecting_my_box_to_the_internet_via_my_WiFi_connection_but_Ive_forgotten_my_WiFi_password)
Connecting via WPS
To connect your OneBox Media Player to your home WiFi network via WPS
1. Press the Home menu button on the remote and choose Settings, then Network
2. Select WPS from the Choose your Network page
3. Press the WPS button (small button on the right side of your OneBox Media Player)
4. immediately press the WPS button on your modem (round button on the front under the indicator lights)
5. Your OneBox Media player will search for your WiFi network and automatically connect the to your home WiFi network
To test the connectivity, press the OPT button on the remote while on a channel. Do you see Startover as an option?
Yes it's there! You did it-congratulations!
No, it's not there. Don't fret. Call us at 700-7000 for assistance.